Texas Health and Human Services (HHS) just released their March 2017 reports list. One of those reports is the Waiver Slot and Enrollment Report, the other is the Report on the Cost-Effectiveness of Community First Choice in STAR+PLUS.
Waiver Slot and Enrollment Report
The Waiver Slot and Enrollment Report is required by the 2016-17 General Appropriations Act, H.B. 1, 84th Legislature, Regular Session, 2015 (Article II, Department of Aging and Disability Services, Rider 31).
This progress report identifies:
- The number of individuals enrolled in each type of slot and for each purpose identified in the rider;
- The planned enrollment for the remainder of the 2016-17 biennium;
- Any systems delays or barriers with enrollment, as identified by the agency; and
- A plan to address those issues to achieve targets by the end of fiscal year 2017.
This report describes identified enrollment delays and barriers with enrollment in specific waiver programs, and includes information regarding agency plans to address those issues, such as:
Reduction of the interest lists for the following waiver programs:
- Medically Dependent Children Program (MDCP);
- Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS);
- Home and Community-based Services (HCS); and
- Deaf Blind with Multiple Disabilities (DBMD).
This report is a great resource for Texas Association for Homecare and Hospice (TAHC&H) Members contracted with HHS for these waivers and who deliver Medically Dependent Children’s Program (MDCP) services in STAR Kids.
Report on the Cost-Effectiveness of Community First Choice in STAR+PLUS
The Report on the Cost-Effectiveness of Community First Choice (CFC) in STAR+PLUS is required by Senate Bill 7, 83rd Texas Legislature, Regular Session, 2013.
The report is an overview of the cost-effectiveness of delivering basic attendant and habilitation services to individuals with disabilities, including IDD, enrolled in the STAR+PLUS Medicaid managed care program; and may be of interest to TAHC&H Members who deliver CFC Personal Attendant Services (CFC-PAS), CFC-Personal Care Services (CFC-PCS), and CFC-Habilitation (CFC-HAB) in STAR+PLUS.